Friday 20 July 2018

Positives mainly & a negative

Bradford City 2 v Sheffield United 3

Pre Season Friendly

Tuesday 17 July 2018

SUFC 2018/19 Game 4

Twitter @ball_sup
www.twitter.com/ball_sup
Untappd ball_sup

If you want to. There are a lot of positives to take out of that. If you want to. I do. A very bright start. Movement all over the pitch. All that leading to a flowing, dynamic goal after just six. Triallist McGoldrick was very involved. So, that's a positive, if we decide to go that route. We haven't spent a fortune, we haven't got, on someone we can't afford, who is no better than what we've already got, and will need to break the wage structure, annoying the other players in the process - just to appease the ANNOUNCE Brigade. So, that's a very BIG positive.

Ryan Leonard played in a back three in one half. And was pushed into midfield later on. That gives us options. Which is positive. The Centre Backs did a lot more overlapping than “the earlier games”. Fleck was a-busy & a-buzzing. At two nil, we were cruising. And it looked gooood. Rafts of substitutions disrupted us. And Bratfud got it together & dragged themselves into it.

The drink was more disappointing. After promising much. The Rose & Crown in Cleckheaton has got a Microbrewery out the back. I think they maybe brew under three imprints - Cleckheaton Brewery, Haworth Steam Brewery & Whitechapel Brewery. I don’t quite know what is going on there. Anyway - it seemed a number of their own were off in the bar. How does that even happen?

I’ve had the one called Sovereign & after all that branding, I couldn’t really work out which nominal brewery it was from. On cask at 3.7%. A bit of tart (that shouldn’t). A little unpleasant aftertaste. All around negative.

682/1428

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the game at Bradford. Thought we played some excellent stuff at times. I was particularly impressed with Duffy and Mcgoldrick.

    I struggled to get anything like a decent beer in Bradford though. A shame because on a previous trip I ended up in a beer cafe and tried a mint stout (forgot to check the brewery!), that was one of the best pints I've ever had. I gave up looking on Tuesday though. Worth the trip for the game though, and I do like Valley Parade; an interesting ground.

    Keep up the blog. Blades and proper beer; the finest things in life.

    ReplyDelete