Monday 24 May 2021

For One Night Only

Sheffield United 1 v Burnley 0 
Premier League 
Sunday 23 May 2021 

SUFC 2020/21 Game #2 

Twitter @ball_sup 
www.twitter.com/ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Look. Let's just keep calm here. It's a game of football. Being played by the team I support. Those who must be heard have done their thang again. And crusades & campaigns are running. You're for it. Or you're against it. And either way some fucker will be against you. I've not come to this game to prove a point. I've come to Daaaaaance. I'm not looking back. I'm not looking forward. I'm just looking. For. One. Night. Only.

Absolutely amazed I got a ticket. One of the Carrier Bag Firm with an insider in the Ticket Office tipped me it might go to General Sale. Mind you, his e-ticket had gone to a non-existent email address. And when he got it on a valid email, he printed it & only the fucking red bits came out. Not helpful for the Barcode situation. You know, with his Black Ink having run out an' all that. So, maybe I'd take his ticket tip off with scept and some icism. But. Turned true. I choose ticket. Too many Florence Nightingales, not enough Robin Hoods.

A big tap of the elbows to all my fellow Blades Content Providers. The Channelers, Vloggers, Podders & Bloggers. The ones who have dug out content from the Cathode Ray Tube & little wiggly radio waves we can't even see. But, that's not my M. O.

Go to games, witness them by the means of retina. Taste beer by the means of tonsils. Blog. Let's get at it.

I'm not going to make excuses, the business end of this Blog is the beer. I've got a little suspicion that MicroPubs are going to save the world. In these days of advance reservations, non-returnable deposits, two hour table windows, table service - MicroPubs just have fewer moving parts. I was shown to my table in The Beer House at Hunters Bar. Nicely hidden away around a corner. "Wouldn't that make it difficult to let the barman know you want a bevvy Phil?"

Negative. "Ohhh. Mate. I need another here". Best App (not) on Google Play.

The Beer House. Five on Cask. Three pukka Keg

The Kernel, Pale Ale Talus on Keg at 5.3%
Good enough to kick us off. Not a typical Kernel Pale. In the sense that it did not taste overflowing with Hops. The Talus Hop brings in a lot of grapefruit, but more the sweetness than the citrus. Fizzes on your palette.

Marble Beers, North-South Petite IPA on Cask at 4.2%
Easy drinking. The entire package has quite a pleasant alcoholic lemonade vibe going down. It develops nice & bitter, but well short of the as billed IPA. Although fair play, they have called it Petite. A tad unusual (particularly for Marble). But, overall I loved it.

Harbour Brewing Co, Beach Break on Cask at 4%
A merest hint of peach pale. Not a great deal going on. I'd prefer that to be sweeter, with some ooommmppphhh in the finish.

Great afternoon. What else you going to do on a Sunday? Watch a Premier League match? And It's Live…..

Absolutely buzzing to get that one over the line. I thought United were just about worth it. For long periods, we plunged into that - no attacking intent - tactic. We've got to find a better way than that, got to. But McGoldrick's goal at least meant it wasn't us chasing the game. Jack Robinson was great at the back. Looking to get forward as well. I think we saw the raw Daniel Jebbison out there. His height & long levers give him an advantage. He's a worker & a learner. But, there's a long way to go for him. Cameo from Brewster. Cheered to the rafters. 

In recent years, I have never stayed after the whistle to applaud the players. Just not my thing. But. Today. Happy to do it. Just suited my mood & the occasion.

Stats
I have now Blogged from 940 games in 2,469 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment