Sunday 5 May 2024

The Blog Falls Back On Beer

Sheffield United 1 v Nottingham Forest 3 
Premier League 
Saturday 4 May 2024 
SUFC 2023/24 Game #66 

I've got nowt. What's a Blogging Brother supposed to do? Will The Prince n Wilder not think of the Content Providers?

We had a spell. We often do. We conceded. We always do. Sort of sloppy. But mainly not tight enough. No intensity. We tired. We always do. We went to the usual - what the fucks he bringing him on for - subs. Because we've nobody else. And we capitulated. We often do.

I'm not capable of saying who stays, who goes next season. I don't retain all the shit about which contract is up, who we've got an option on, who is on hold out. Maybe if I did, I'd have some Content to Provide.

Of course, my USP is the beer. So, you'd best have that.

Industry Tap
85 Sidney St, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 4RG

The Outstanding Beer Of The Day wasn't even on!!!

Twisted Wheel Brew Co. No Mikey, No, Milk Stout on Keg at 5%

That one kicked out as he was pulling my order. So, I reselected. The Guv’norrrr (correctly) gave me what he had managed to pour. I eternally owe him a debt of honour. For, it was glorious. Rich and indulgent. Sweetness just right.

Abbeydale Brewery, Salvation - Irish Stout on Keg at 4.5%

The Reselect. Problem is. Pales into insignificance behind that kicked ‘un. Sessionable. But that's code for thin mouthfeel, straightahead, flavours flavour, but go nowhere.

Sommar Brewing Co (West Midlands), Brown Eyes, Stout on Keg at a whopping 7%

See above. No. No. No. Not the fucking bit above about No Mikey, No. The bit above about Salvation. Having Stouted in, we thought we'd keep searching. Slightly disappointed with this one truth be told. Bit of promise. No delivery.

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.


You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,423 games in 3,546 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment