Monday 22 July 2024

Ten Years In A Lacoste Polo

Northampton Town 1 v Sheffield United 1 
Pre-Season Friendly 
Tuesday 22 July 2014 
SUFC 2014/15 Game #1 

Ten years ago today, I attended the first game I wrote a Ball-Sup Blog about. Chris Wilder was managing our opponents, Northampton Town, that night!!!

I'm quite proud of the fact I've been Blogging ever since. Ten years seems like a bit of an achievement. So, I'm bigging myself up.

Look. It's niche. But, I think by now people know what the Blog is about. And how it works. Thanks to everyone who has supported it over the ten years.

I'm writing this now because this is the last Blog which will appear on the Blogspot site. My Blogspot site is being retired as a Ten Year Archive. One thousand two hundred and seventy one Blogs from one thousand four hundred and sixty two games/days of live sport.

Don't worry/be afraid. This is NOT the end of the Blog. It's just that the Blogspot App, Web, Tools, etc are getting very clunky. I'm sort of having to write and publish things “twice”.

So, from now on, I'll be concentrating on my Substack Site. My Blogs have been published on there for a while. And, I started promoting that site (over the Blogspot one) a while ago. Weaning readers away from Blogspot to Substack if you like.

So. If you haven't already, point your browser at


or download the Substack App and find me on there.

Or subscribe (permanently free of charge) so that my Blog will be delivered to your inbox by email.


And the Ten Year Archive will remain at;


The Blog is (not) dead. Long live the fucking Blog. See you on the other side.

You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

No comments:

Post a Comment