Sunday 1 August 2021

Some Tasteless Comments

Handsworth 4 v Silsden 2 
Northern Counties East Football League 
Premier Division 
Saturday 31 July 2021 

For the time being, this is reverting to a Ball Blog. I'll be Blogging about football (and cricket). And I won't be Blogging about Beer. Certainly not today. I in no way wish to underplay the REAL problems people are experiencing with Covid. Waving off loved ones into an Ambulance, not being with them, worrying about when they'll see them next, and in what circumstances. Family & friends passing away. Businesses ruined. REAL problems.

But, I am going to highlight the insidious, hidden problems of Covid. I Blog about Beer. Piney, rich & bitter IPAs. Tropical & peachy pales. Sweet & indulgent stouts. And, I enjoy Blogging. It puts a real smile on my face. But, now, I am recovering from Covid. And. I can taste fuck all. And the Blogs gone to hell in a handpull. 

(Not diminishing those with REAL Covid problems, but speaking selfishly)

And, of course, in different circumstances I'd have been at Bramall Lane today. That Parade was off because opponents Norwich City were Covid addled. How the hell did we rhetorically get here? How the hell?

Still. Thoroughly enjoyable dry afternoon out at Handsworth for the first NCEL league game of the season. Handsworth two nil up by 36 mins. Two one on 59. Three one just a minute later. Three two on 79, as by then ten man Silsden chucked the lot at it. But, a Handsworth breakaway on 90 put the lid on.

Sorry. I don't really know enough about either team to go into more details than that.

Twitter @ball_sup 
www.twitter.com/ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 
Stats
I have now Blogged from 972 games in 2,538 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment