Friday 29 October 2021

Say Bye Bye To The Bouncer

Barnsley 2 v Sheffield United 3 
The Championship 
Sunday 24 October 2021 
SUFC 2021/22 Game #20 

Mad game. The conclusion I am coming to is that we are a much of a muchness team. We have a lot of players all basically at the same level. So, we end up trying as many different combinations as there are different combinations. Next week, it'll be the I hope this one works XI. I mean, what has he tried to do today? Go direct? The first half was dire. Kick & hope. But. Then. By the 75th minute, I was in "send a message" mode. Three up. And cruising. It's a Confidence League this. And naturally it ends with United players trying/needing to take it into the corners ten minutes later to desperately prevent an equaliser.

I don't mind admitting, I've played the Silly Bugger there. Look, with a 12:30 kick off, it was always going to be a sneak in under the radar job. But an inflammatory tweet from the bit of South Yorkshire Plod who do the football liaison shit sent me over the edge. A warning that no pubs & bars in Barnsley would be welcoming away fans at any time of day. Get fucked.

I am proud (not proud) to explain that of the pubs I went in before the match, neither had a Bouncer on when I went IN. But both had a Bouncer on (checking match tickets an' all) when I went OUT. Too fucking late, cocka we're done.

Alarm at 05:45. First bus at 06:35. Change buses in Chap. In the Joseph Bramah by 08:40. Bouncer still on first plate of Smashed Avocado & Steroids. Fucking Amateurs.

Hook Norton, Off The Hook, English IPA on Cask at 4.3%
Purity Brewing, APA on Cask at 3.9%
Acorn Brewery, New English CF-184 IPA on Cask at 5%
Silver Brewhouse, Ey Up Cocka, Blonde Ale on Cask at 4.3%
Jolly Boys, Jolly Blonde on Cask at 4%
Jolly Boys, Jolly YPA on Keg at 4.8%

I am appalled to report that the Jolly Tap On The Arcade featured a Farting Dog (and no Bouncer).

Outstanding Beer Of The Day goes to;

Jolly Boys, Supa-Citra Pale Ale on Cask at 4.2%.

Twitter @ball_sup 
www.twitter.com/ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 
Stats
I have now Blogged from 1,017 games in 2,624 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment