Tuesday 28 June 2022

Thirty Eight Mate

Baltimore Orioles 9 at Seattle Mariners 2 
American League Baseball 
Monday 27 June 2022 
Played at T-Mobile Park, Seattle 

(Waves), nearly a fortnight since my last Blog!!! We start a lovely streak (our American cousins there) of games played with one ball or another out here in Seattle. I've BaseBallSupped and Blogged three times before. Twice from West Ham's ground when Major League Baseball brought the Yankees and the Red Sox to London. And once from Korean Baseball. I've actually been to baseball in Seattle before. At the old Kingdome in June 1994.

Today was a bit full on and gratuitous. We had an 0545am alarm to catch our flight from Heathrow. We "lost" eight hours in the air. And, we were front and centre when the gates opened at 1740pm, Seattle time. To cap it all, it was Bark At The Park night at the game. You could get special tickets to bring your dog along for the evening. I understand the mutts could actually run around the bases at the end of the game. But, the Carrier Bag Firm were long gone by then.

I use a Beer Social Media App called Untappd. It's a great way of finding beers you're hunting down, recording them, and just generally finding good places to drink. I use it to supplement beer ticking lists I've been recording on spreadsheets for years. I've got just over 2,350 different beers I've checked in on the App. But, I never really got an American Beer Ticking list together before I started using it. So, we'll call the three beers I had at the game American Beer Ticks 64, 65 & 66.

Now, whenever I find a plausible beer to drink at an English football game, in the ground, on the concourse, but not in view of the fucking pitch, no no no that's not allowed, I shout it from the rooftops on Twitter & this Blog. That shout is very very rare.

So, American baseball gives us a tantalising glimpse of what we could have won. If we allowed ourselves nice things. The online guide to T-Mobile Park lists the different beers you can buy in the ground, and where to get 'em on the concourse. Here they come. The ones you've heard of. Blue Moon, Coors, Corona, Miller Lite, Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob, Lagunitas, Modelo even. Buy 'em. Take 'em to your seat. Pile in high.

And, as I've said, the Carrier Bag Firm can deploy the Untappd App to list and hunt down any more lurking in the corners. Thirty fucking eight. Thirty fucking eight. Putting aside the Big Boys I've just listed, there are another thirty fucking eight more, smaller & independent, beers available in the ground across Keg & Cans. Thirty fucking eight.

I drank three. I'd need THIRTEEN games to dent 'em all. FFS. Alright, I can't guarantee all 38 are on at any given time. Alright, give & take one or two or more here n there. But, thirty eight mate.

Indeed, one of the bars was even advertising some more. Billed as Real Ale on Cask, with associated handpulls (beer engines as the American Cuz's call 'em). I mean, don't know the exact dispensing method. Don't know the exact provenance. But, put them on the list and we're North of Forty. I think one was a 10.5% Stout. And, I think another was a 13% Bourbon Barrel Aged Ale. In the ground. At your seat.

I went…

Georgetown Brewing Company (Seattle), Bodhizafa, IPA from a Tin at 6.9%
Columbus, Chinook, Citra and Mosaic Hops. Five pounds of hops per barrel (shrugs like he knows what that means).

Georgetown Brewing Company (Seattle), Johnny Utah, Pale Ale from a Tin at 5.6%
Showcasing Citra Hops using the Hop Bursting technique (shrugging like a good 'un here).

Hop Valley Brewing Company (Eugene Oregon), Bubble Stash, IPA on Keg at 6.2%
And, you shrugging guessed it, Mosaic Cryo Hop Resin…

The Mariners were awful. The Orioles built steadily. Runs in each of the first two innings. Then two home runs in the third. And two in the fourth took them off into the distance.

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.



You can find me on Social Media
Twitter @ball_sup 
www.twitter.com/ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 
Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,122 games in 2,869 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment