Tuesday 8 March 2016

No. 10 Ale House

Fleetwood Town 2 v Sheffield United 2

Saturday 5 March 2016

League 1

Played at Highbury Stadium

Twitter @ball_sup

Today’s Adkins Home Grown/Scouted from Non-League quotient was down to 3/11 = 27%. Long, Calvert-Lewin & Che Adams. Ben Whiteman and Graham Kelly were unused from the bench.

Calvert-Lewin was super anonymous today. Blue in face. They’ve got to Step Up.

The Micro-Pub model is great isn’t it? This weekend it was The No. 10 Ale House, 10 Park Road, St Anne’s. Thoroughly recommended.

Friends tell me, most recently a Charity Shop. Three handpulls on the bar & one keg lager. There were actually two keg handles on the font. But, on questioning, it was really only a front. Two handles, but only one line. The lager was Shindigger Pils at 4%. Very refreshing. Not over fizzy. Tasty & mouthfilling. Floral notes.

No. 10 must have the custom & throughput. Casks being changed all the time. We went in Friday & Saturday night. I’m sure I counted 7 different beers on the 3 lines. Although, I only did four of those.

Kirkby Lonsdale, Stanley’s at 3.8%
Deeply Vale, Equilibrium at 3.8%
Deeply Vale, Citra Storm at 4%

And, the absolutely superb Roosters, Baby Faced Assassin at a whopping 6.1%. I’m watching my units. Picking low abvs where I can. But, I went back to that one. It is a very underrated beer. I see it turns up in cans sometimes. Including in some ‘Spoons. Deep. Rich. great Hop Hit.

Just before the game, we did the Strawberry Gardens up in Fleetwood itself. The go to pub in the vicinity. I had Phoenix, Navvy at 3.8%.

A draw. At Fleetwood. Whoopy Doo. I don’t buy this rebuild in the Summer argument. Sure, we need to do it. But, it can’t be done. You can’t just ship out & ship in & hit the ground running. Long Road.

285/592

No comments:

Post a Comment