Wednesday 13 February 2019

The Kermanshah Arms

Sheffield United 1 v Middlesbrough 0
The Championship
Wednesday 13 February 2019

SUFC 2018/19 Game 66
2018/19 Football Season Brewery Visits - 90

Twitter @ball_sup
www.twitter.com/ball_sup
Untappd ball_sup



I’m still not too sure what’s going on there. I went into what we’ll call for now The Sentinel Brewhouse on Shoreham Street. What do we know? It’s gone bust twice & reopened now “for the third time”.  The same fella keeps doing some paperwork & coming back at it. The John Fleck of the Sheffield Brewing World. Anyway, I did some forensic questioning at the bar. I made some observations. I speculated. But, I’m still not too sure what is going on there.

Smelt it - they are definitely brewing on site.
Eyeballed it - there was one guy bang at the brewing all the time I was in. He was wearing a Sentinel Brewing t-shirt.
Tasted it - there were definitely guest casks on.
Quizzed it - I was told at the bar that there will be a transition from The Sentinel imprint to Triple Point Brewing imprint. The vast majority of the beers were badged as The Sentinel. Three others had “handwritten” clips. I’ll cut the barstaff a lot of slack - because my questions probably didn’t make sense to them. But, they were a little unsure as to what beer was what brewery. The best info I got was that the 4.3% keg Pale Ale, Boys Don’t Cryo was a Triple Point Brewing beer.

We left no stone unturned, I notice the WiFi Signal is Kangavar Brewing. So, Sentinel, Turning Point, Kangavar, the same fella again, new fellas. Who knows? Surely, he’s gone into Administration enough times to have Points Deducted by CAMRA.

I’m advising them on a new name and/or branding….
The Pass The Parcel Arms
The Musical Chair Arms
The Hokey Cokey
The Firesale Arms
...best I’ve got…

There was an element of firesale. Every pint was three quid. Weak ‘uns. Strong ‘Uns. There were past their sell by date tins in the fridge at one quid (off sales).  It sort of should work if they just stick to basics. Brew Ale. Open at the right times. Sell to the Football Crowd. They’ll have to keep Kop Lager to do that. Good luck.




The Outstanding Beer Of The Night was;
Sentinel (ish), GB IPA on keg at 6.5%. Given Sentinel’s “minimal naming” style - that’s about right. It was unmistakably an IPA, and unmistakably British. A huge malt whack. Followed by a good Hop hit. None of this apricot sweetness into citrus bitter caper. Nice beer.

One of the new names - Kangavar - is named after a valley in the Kermanshah Province of Iran where early traces of wine and beer were found in ceramics dated to 3100-2900 BC.

Some sort of link like - I don’t know whether The Sentinel Brewhouse has had more openings or Wilder has played more formations tonight, something, something, something, needs work.

Started four at the back - did we? Lost Baldock. Put Stearman on & moved Cranie out right still in a four - did we? Shuffled at half time. Cranie, Stearman & Egan in a three - Stevens & Dowell as wing backs - was it?  Wing backs bring Sharp into the game, as he has someone to run towards. If Madine has done as he was told - his game is more about drawing fouls, creating shit & disrupting. At times, he seems to not worry about, you know, the ball. I’m not knocking it - I just need to get me head more around it. Anyway. A lot of changes, enforced & decided upon. And, they can all be happy with that result.

776/1639

No comments:

Post a Comment