Friday 16 August 2019

Top Ten Beer

England 33 v Wales 19
Autumn Rugby International
Sunday 11 August 2019
Played at Twickenham

Twitter @ball_sup
www.twitter.com/ball_sup
Untappd ball_sup

Let's not fight it. I don't know much about Rugby Union. That was a cheap (ticket was £25), opportunistic trip to Twickenham. Teams are gearing up for the Rugby World Cup in Japan. That begins in late September. So, rather than the Autumn Internationals being against Southern Hemisphere teams. European teams are playing simple friendlies amongst themselves. I've little idea about who played their First XV, who the Reserves. I'm not going to embarrass myself & Blog about the rugby.

I don't recall noticing it the last time I was in. But, The Sussex Arms in Twickenham is now part of The Big Smoke Brew Co stable. Look, this is a Big Call. That has got to be one of the best pubs in the country. I know they get busy on Rugby days. And, maybe it wouldn't look so enticing on a normal Tuesday afts in October. But. Fifteen on cask. Ten pukka craft kegs. PLUS Ciders & ordinary shit. Eye watering. It even looked to me like the stout, porter & other dark casks were all collected together at one end. On Sunday, it was lively, well staffed, but that beer range knocks it stratospheric.



And. To cap it all. My units have taken a hit recently. The Great British Beer Festival. The Champagne Carnage in Reims. So, I was looking for some low abv balance redresser.

Northern Monk, Striding Edge, Session IPA on cask at just 2.8%. Forget the abv. Leave your preconceptions at the door. If you want to get absolutely hammered, nix the eight pints of lager and have sixteen of these. Any abv, any dispensing system, any vessel. That is right up there with any beer I've ever had. And, I LOVE 8.5% Double IPAs. Full of rich hoppy flavour. Just superb.

Stats
I have now Blogged from 830 games in 1,818 days

No comments:

Post a Comment