Sunday 1 December 2019

Down The Sink

New Zealand 375 all out 

v England 269 for 5 

Close on Day Three 

Sunday 1 December 2019 

2nd Test 

Played at Seddon Park, Hamilton 

Different New Zealand Ticks = 108 

Twitter @ball_sup 

www.twitter.com/ball_sup 

Untappd ball_sup 


Forgive me. I didn't Blog on Day 2. I thought it'd been a disappointing, nothing happening day. And. I wasn't going to Blog from Day 3. Despite that being a better day for England. But, I have, belatedly, been inspired to publish. Inspired by one of the first beers I can remember having to chuck down the sink. What a time to be alive.

New Ways Brewing Co, Glass Full Of Hops from a tin at just 1.15%. Let's have it right. I got caught out by that. My eyes had lit up in the walk in fridge at The Hamilton Beer & Wine Co. Grab. Grab. Grabity. Me no properly look at labels. I didn't realise this one was no/low abv until it'd been cracked. Now. Sub 2.7% IPAs - had some belters - love 'em. But. This one. My word. Nothing doing. They'd managed to make the Hops taste like cabbage. It was at least fizzy. But, came across with just a hint of Tizer. Thin. Insipid. Altogether bizarre. Couldn't persevere. Sink Wins.

In the Pre Mortem, the Carrier Bag Firm assessment had been - if England aren't batting after Tea, we're in serious shit. Burns & Root lasted until about quarter past three. Burns had just got to his Ton. Dawdled on a first run. And couldn't quite beat the throw for the second. But, at 201 for THREE, that seemed an immense improvement on "the possible". By the rain early close, Stokes had gone. And, Zak Crawley had the Welcome To Big Boys Cricket ball off Wagner. Caught behind for just one off six. But, Root red inked on 114. Five gone. But, only just over one hundred behind. First step. Compete a bit. Tick.

I couldn't leave the day on that beer down the sink fiasco. So, I went through the fridge. And found.


Choice Bros Brewing, I'm Afraid Of Americans, billed as West Coast IPA at 6.5%. To be honest. I prefer my West Coasts pale, not IPA. And, I didn't notice much West Coasty about this 'un. Matters not. A lovely full on, serious beer. Was that a hint of sultana. Giving way to bitter marmalade. The Hops were so powerful, there was a bit of anaesthetic on the tongue. And the flavours stay. Forever. Back out of the sink & into the room.

Stats
I have now Blogged from 881 games in 1,930 days

No comments:

Post a Comment