Tuesday 9 May 2023

Glorious Fizzling Or Fizzling Gloriously?

Huddersfield Town 1 v Sheffield United 0 
The Championship 
Thursday 4 May 2023 
SUFC 2022/23 Game #70 

Difficult to quite know what to make of that game. It partly felt like the season fizzling out, gloriously. Not glorious on the night mind. More a glorious season, fizzling out.

I was party hosting. Making sure my guests were going to get their drinks at HT & FT was distracting. What's that? Yes, I agree, I did a superb fucking job. 

The main angle of attack was;

Magic Rock Brewing, Town Lager on Keg at 4.2%

The normal lagerers in the group pronounced that - decent. Magic Rock are the official craft beer partner of Huddersfield Town. That's what they have. So, that's what we had. And many of them. Crisp, well balanced, likable.

The first half was crazy. Huddersfield seemed intent on not having the ball and not attacking. In a way, United adapted well. Well, but ineffectively. Egan & Berge were back in. Baldock for Bogle. Dan Jebbison for McBurnie.

United had players popping up out of position all over the place. Baldock fucking loves that anyway. Basham an' all. I lost count of - there's my right back on the left wing. But, missed chances cost us. And, whatever fucking game plan HTAFC had worked its magic in the second half. Still, Town Lager on the whistle!!!!

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox via Substack). Thank you.




You can find me on Social Media
Twitter @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,257 games in 3,180 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment