Friday 22 September 2023

We're In London Aren't We?

Tottenham Hotspur 2 v Sheffield United 1 
Premier League 
Saturday 16 September 2023 
SUFC 2023/24 Game #10 

Let's deal with the remnants of the game first. Full spotlight ain't we? You haven't come to this Blog for yet more detailed analysis of the game and conspiracy theories. You've already seen and heard it all. Norwood didn't start. So, Souza was the front screen at defensive corners. He was not as touchline narrow as Norwood usually is. Looked a bit odd if I'm honest. McBurnie was in the zone.

You count what you can count. We took the lead. Against a (currently) top two club. We defended the lead well. And only lost the lead and game in somewhat bizarre circumstances. There's progress. As I write, we're not in the bottom three.

There was Beavertown in the ground. But, I only saw Neck Oil in the away fans compound. Anyone know any different?

We headed into the North London late afts a little bewildered by it all. Not absolutely "in need of a drink". But, deffo fucking having a drink. We set the compass for "vaguely" Beavertown, Pressure Drop, Tottenham Hale.

Our mood (which was light anyway) lit up further as The Algorithm took over. If you constantly search for Brewery Tap Rooms, then your chosen engine flashes them up, even when you're not searching for them. Don't get me wrong. I'm not advocating. I'm not suggesting Big Tech are benign. I'm just saying, on this occasion, The Algorithm brung us to;

ORA Brewing Company
Unit 16a, Rosebery Industrial Park, London N17 9SR

Which we didn't even know was there. Algorithm brung us in less than 20mins on foot from the Away Exits. Originally an Italian Microbrewery, they now brew in N London. A bit - oooohhhh there's a DJ playing - noisy inside. But, warm and sunny enough for the yard. Beer service a bit slow. Due to Civilians spending an age choosing, and then being dispensed, non beer products. Madness. Eight of their own on Keg.

ORA Brewing, What!? Pale Ale on Keg at 4.5%

Comet, Rakau, Kohatu. That looked a lot danker than it tasted. It pulled up as a nice straight ahead pale. No juice.

ORA Brewing, Limoncello, IPA on Keg at 6%

Flaked oats. Citra, Cascade and Lemondrop Hops. Lemon puree. Organic Femminello Lemons from Sorrento. Well. Fuck Sake. Gotta say it. Nowhere near as Lemony as I'd been led to believe. They really need to go All In.

ORA Brewing, Gelato Series, Sugar Cane and Pandan Leaf Sour, on Keg at 6.2%

As far as I can tell, that's the first time I've had a beer flavoured with Pandanus Amaryllifolius - Pandan Leaf. And, you know what, it didn't kill me. So, I'll have another the next time I see one.

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.




You can find me on Social Media
Twitter @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,309 games in 3,315 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment