Saturday 16 March 2024

titsa 473 To Cemetery Junction

CD Aguilas 4 v CD Furia Arona 1 
Interinsular Preferente Tenerife Group 2 
Spanish Pyramid Tier 6 
Friday 15 March 2024 
Played at Estadio Municipal De Adeje 
Ground Tick #477 

I looked quizzical as I walked away from the clubhouse bar in the Municipal de Adeje. I was carrying the first of the Carrier Bag Firm beers back to the seats. But, having ordered, and paid for, something alarming had caught my eye.

0.0%

on the pump clip.

The Bar Lady looked quizzical at my quizzicals. And then gave an ambiguous gesture. One of those hold your arm out, one finger raised, moving from side to side. In the universal signal for NO.

Sister. Sister. Is that…

“Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle NO Alcohol…?”

or

“Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle NO don't worry, we're all good here for alcohol…?

Big. Fucking. Difference.

I (re)approached the bar. She met me halfway. I feel she understood my dilemma. As the language gulf widened. She firmly placed her palm to cover the 0.0% badge and uttered the word every Bagger needed to hear at that moment.

“Normal”

In my idiom, I pronounce that Normull. She deffo had it Nor-Mal (as in Malcolm). But, pronunciation not withstanding, and with the badge covering, we both understood I was good to go.

Hijos de Rivera, Estrella Galicia Especial, Euro Lager, on Keg at 5.5%

Even though that's a well known Industrial, it was actually a tick for me.

We got off the 473 titsa up the hill at Cemetery Junction. The Municipal de Adeje was my 477th Ground Tick. The MdA is 4g. And, as we walked down towards the ground, the pitch was snided with urchins in the youth pathway. And the stands overflowing with proud Mums n Dads. But, fuck me, the bar. More boisterous than owt in Playa de las Americas where we'd got on the titsa 473.

That continued throughout the game. Looked like the whole of Adeje had paid their €6 to get in. And get at it. (Editors Note - bet most of ‘em had blagged it Phil).

Hijos de Rivera, 1906 Reserva Especial, Hell Bock, Bottle Job at 6.5%

I see what they're doing there. Fuller bodied. Heavy without being sugar sweet. Another tick to take me to 55 Spaniards.

Enjoyable game. The Eagles (the home team) dominated possession in the first half. But, I felt Furia had the more chances. Both gloveshombres keeping their teams in it with crucial saves.

Nil Nil at the half.

But, that didn't last long. The Eagles had a great chance right at the start. Only a point blank save denying them. However, a great near post glancing header from the resulting corner put them one up.

There then began a period of shit defending at corners. Defenders letting it hit them on the knees, or even fucking bounce, with no one getting clearing headers in.

On 54, The Eagles went two up. A corner hit the defender, no one tried to clear the loose. And it was poked home. On 67, a Furia corner bounced in the middle of the six yard box. The striker got a Fancy Flick on it to make it 2-1.

But, The Eagles went 3-1 on 71. And I was having a piss when they scored the fourth. Having fought my way through the throngs drinking in the outdoor bar. That was a well deserved win. The CBF made their way back up Boot Hill for the titsa to tourist town.

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.



You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,393 games in 3,496 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment