Sunday 17 March 2024

Buzanada Blaggers

CD Buzanada 1 v UD Teror 0 
Tercera División RFEF 12 (Canarias) 
Spanish Pyramid Tier 5 
Saturday 16 March 2024 
Played at Campo Municipal Clementina de Bello 
Ground Tick #478 
Spanish Beer Ticks up to 56 

“No, I have no fucking idea what that geographical feature is behind the goal at the Clementina de Bello at my 478th Ground Tick.”

“Could be just a hill sliced in half to fit the pitch in.”

“Could be some sort of quarry affair.”

“Could be a Slag Heap.”

That opening picture is the most evocative on my reel. Capturing, as it does, the first Buzanada Blaggers avoiding the €8. Zoom in if you fancy. They've brought their own chairs. And beers in Carrier Bags.

As one of my Carrier Bag Firm companions remarked…

“Phil, why the fuck aren't we up there with them?”

Indeed.

One of the CBF just became ob … sessed. Giving us a running commentary headcount. Couldn't take their eyes off the eyrie. Never saw a ball kicked all afts.

“The maximum number reported was EIGHTEEN!!!”

This was Tier 5 of the pyramid. By my reckoning, there are four Canary Islands teams above this level. Those are in leagues which include teams from mainland Spain. This Tercera División Group is made up of teams just from these Islands.

Today's opponents from Gran Canaria. The home team from Tenerife. To us tourists, quite a way up Tenerife. titsa #418 is your friend here.

As I am finding out, Spanish non league (open air) clubhouse absolutely buzzing in Buzanada. The beer was Industrial. But, still turned out to be my 56th Spanish Beer Tick.

Grupo Mahou San Miguel, Mahou Clásica, Euro Lager on Keg at 4.8%

Cagey game all round. Rather slow and ponderous. But, a good goal won it. On 50, Buzanada broke down the right. Matey squared it to #11 Agoney. He still had a load to do. Took it on. And calmly slotted home. Slotted it home to what I can only describe as - no limbs on the Slag Heap.

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at
www.ball-sup.blogspot.com

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.


You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,394 games in 3,497 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment