Saturday 8 June 2024

Got Any Es?

England 3 v Bosnia & Herzegovina 0 
International Friendly 
Monday 3 June 2024 
Played at St James' Park, Newcastle 

I felt that was a fairly standard run out for a pre tournament friendly. With those who played deep into the FA Cup and Champions League rested. A few players getting debuts and tryouts. And lots of different players used. So much so that I had to make myself a long cribsheet list of the 24 players, and their club sides.

A few different formations being used an’ all. They couldn't really get the ball into Ollie Watkins channel for him to run on to. So he could show what he can really do. Bowen was a bit isolated in that one trick pony come off the wing onto your other foot role. Encouragingly, England looked livelier when Harry Kane came on. Much more willing, and better, at coming deep for the ball and controlling play.

I gave Anel Ahmedhodžić the lot. Not because of his performances for his/my club side (Sheffield United) this season. But, I gave him the lot because I find it funny. He's my player at the moment for Sheffield United. That may change. He'll get my full support in a Red n White shirt. That may change. But, tonight he was playing against my team. So, he gets the lot. That won't change.

I thoroughly enjoyed the looks on my neighbours faces as I gave him the Right Royal Fuck Off as he got subbed. You know what? I don't think they knew who he was.

I haven't got the Stats. But the last time I recall being able to give a Sheffield United player a going over because he was playing against England was Ched Evans. 26 March 2011 in Cardiff.

The Carrier Bag Firm had been in Newcastle just five weeks previously for our game v Newcastle United. So, abiding by “The Rules”, we had to try out a few different drinking places. Of which, I'm going to single out;

Free Trad (e) Inn
12 St Lawrence Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 1AP

Lovely walk along the Quayside to get there. And marvelous views looking back up the Tyne if you sit in the beer garden. Which we didn't. Because, you know, Pubs are for being inside of!!!

Eight on Cask. Five on guest Keg. And four on house Keg. Fuck the view!!!

Almasty Brewing Co. (Newcastle), Echelon, Pale Ale on Cask at 4%

Full of flavour. A burst of grapefruit citrus in there. Clean and zingy. Giving something of a lie to the rather dank look.

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.


You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,439 games in 3,576 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment