Wednesday 13 March 2019

Tufty Talk v Brentford

If you've had the good fortune to get your hands on the truly beautiful Dem Blades Quarterly Fanzine #1, you'll have seen a piece on the hidden messages Chris Wilder puts in his interviews with James Shield of The Sheffield Star (and others). We all know the deal, Wilder remains honest & upbeat. But, let me remind you. We. Are. Sheffield. United. Gloom inevitably follows Doom. Go on Social Media within seconds of what Wilder actually SAID, and the conspiracy theorists will tell you what he actually MEANT.

The Carrier Bag Firm have been called nerds, geeks, anoraks - and more frequently virgins. But, really, we're Coneheads. We've set our minds to it. If it's Cryptology Chris, Cipher Chris or Coded Chris we'll crack it.

I couldn't be at that fantastic win against Brentford last night. I was desperate to see what Wilder had said to James ….. roughly (winks)

I just said to the lads in there, I don't care how the rest of it turns out, they put everything in for this club. They were sharp and switched on. That’s what we wanted when we first came in and that's what these lads have brought.  From a character point of view, from the art of defending, that was ridiculous. Everyone talks about we need rotation and to just play between the lines and stuff like that - I've got a word for it but I won't put it out there  - but that was sheer attitude. The attitude was right up there. That was about the will not to get anything wrong and not concede a goal. I thought our number was up a few times, but we put our bodies on the line and kept it out of the net.

A lot of praise for Chris as he switched systems to cope with Madine being sent off. And, truly inspired substitutions I'm hearing. Or, were they?

The Tufty Talk has been picked out in red.

I said don't put Sharp on. That's ridiculous. We just put the wrong number up!

No comments:

Post a Comment