Sunday 17 March 2019

The celebratory ale intention

Leeds United 0 v Sheffield United 1
The Championship
Saturday 16 March 2019

SUFC 2018/19 Game 76
2018/19 Football Season Brewery Visits - 100

Twitter @ball_sup
www.twitter.com/ball_sup
Untappd ball_sup

Apologies in advance. This is a very sweary Blog. Having stayed to clap United off, it was not an easy journey back to the boozer. Queuing in the rain for a shuttle bus. Stuck in traffic. Pissing with rain. I very quickly binned off any intention of brewery ticking. Instead, I went for the tried & trusted piling into the celebratory ale intention. Eventually, I gathered the Carrier Bag Firm into the agreed location. Around the table, with the beers in, I summed up my thoughts on that game as….

I don't give a fuck.
Top two, automatic promotion - don't give a fuck.
Lose at Wembley in the play offs - don't give a fuck.
Dip out - don't give a fuck.
After a game like that - I just do not give a fuck.

That, my friend, is how not to give a fuck … in a good way. How many games left? Who have the others got? What does your Points Predictor say? I don't give a fuck. We've just beat Leeds. Sent all the 'taches & bubble perms in the South Stand off back to CleckHuddersFax. To dream of how much they hate Manchester United. Like I give a fuck.

And, here's a tip. That new North Brewing Co, Leeds City Tap is right there on Sovereign St, where the R2 Elland Rd Shuttle Bus sets off from. A simple, smaller than I expected, single room affair. A large & mixed list on the boards. I know there were at least three dark 'uns on - because I had

North Brewing Co Full Fathom 5 (Coffee & Coconut Porter) at 6.5%
North Brewing Co Mystic Voyage (Peanut Butter Milk Stout) at 8.5% (that peanut butter is just too much - sorry)
Garage Beer Co Sheet 33 (American Vanilla & Cinnamon Porter) at 6.8%



But, the truly glorious

North Brewing Co x Duration Brewing West Coast DIPA on keg at 8%

can have Outstanding Beer Of The Day. Thick & rich. The hops just keep coming at you. Glorious. Look at them abvs - like I give a fuck.



Stats
Number of fucks given - zero 
I have now Blogged from 786 games in 1,670 days

No comments:

Post a Comment