Saturday 6 July 2019

Bielsa Proof Fence

Sheffield United U18 XI 3 v Chesterfield U18 XI 0
Pre Season Friendly
Saturday 6 July 2019
Played at SUFC Academy, Shirecliffe

SUFC 2019/20 Game 2

Twitter @ball_sup
www.twitter.com/ball_sup
Untappd ball_sup

Typical United. Too little. Too late. And, ineffective anyway. I got off the 83a on Shirecliffe Road. To see they've erected a new fence at the top of the bank. I can't work it out. It's sort of tight black mesh. It wouldn't keep a decent Tom Cat out & it's pretty easy to see through, or indeed over. It's hardly a Bielsa Proof Fence. And then, if you just turn down Firshill Crescent, you can see in anyway. The main issue is that the new fence will force me to stay the full 90. I'll no longer be able to watch the final moments from the bus stop, waiting for the 83a back to Carrier Bag Firm Towers.



In any case, to ease me in, the Ref has only played that game at 40 minutes each way. I Blogged from North Ferriby about the joys of the identity parade as you start to work out which Academy Starlets seem to have survived for another season. No teamsheet today I'm afraid. But, those who were able to gaze through the poxy Bielsa Proof Fence. Would have thought - "I'm sure that is Nickseon Gomis at 3".

The more eagle eyed would have also spotted Sam Graham, Tom Williams & Keenan Ferguson doing all the running, jumping & laughing at each other training stuff on the far side. So, we're already beginning to solve some of the North Ferriby Mystery. Simeon Oure & Jake Bennett are (for me) still the most significant, not yet seen, missing.



As far as who played today, I can only random name drop, cross my fingers & hope. Josh Pollard, Jake Kelly, Sam Ackroyd, Gomis, Frank Maguire, Tom Wilson (?), Angelo Cappello, Tristan Skerritt (?), Andre Brooks (?).

The only scorer I can be sure of was Frank Maguire, seven minutes into the second half. Our second goal. Bit of a freak if I'm honest. The ball was just pumped in from Maguire. Was it a clearance? Was it a lob? Was it a cross? None? All? Two Nil.

A nice, full on, competitive game. Which can only have helped both teams. In a way, the scoreline flattered the Young Blades. But, was a reflection that we were a bit stronger & didn't wilt.

Stats
I have now Blogged from 818 games in 1,782 days

No comments:

Post a Comment