Monday 19 August 2019

List, Analysis or is it?

Sheffield United 1 v Crystal Palace 0
Premier League
Sunday 18 August 2019

SUFC 2019/20 Game 12

Twitter @ball_sup
www.twitter.com/ball_sup
Untappd ball_sup

This Blog famously does not do “Tactical Analysis”. Also, we’re on every TV Channel, on the 20 past the hour, every hour. So, you’ve seen it for yourself. The only remaining Unique Selling Point I have is that you may not have sunk the same ale as me. But, we do lists. World Class at them…..

1. O’Connell pushing down the left touchline
2. Stevens in the 10 (FFS - who knew)?
3. Luke Freeman bursting through his man
4. Being selfish in the box and getting a shot off (also Luke Freeman)
5. Following shots in - Robinson and my man John Lundstram

List. Analysis. All the same ain’t it? That’ll get it done.



The Albion on London Road is getting with the programme. Dem Blades 2019 Annual Fanzine on sale behind the jump. Staff wearing Shoreham St Magnifique t-shirts. And, a Shoreham St Magnifique branded ale on the front. As I’m sure you’re aware, Shoreham St Magnifique produced some vs Carrier Bag Firm collaboration artwork & a single one-off t-shirt. So, I decided to show my support for their Shoreham St x Stancill Brewery x The Albion United Are Back beer collaboration.

I managed to grab 15 minutes with the Owner & Chief Executive of Shoreham St Magnifique. He has asked me to explain this is not a Paid nor Sponsored Blog, I have taken NO MONEY for shamelessly plugging his Brand. I quizzed him at some length about the beer & his collaboration with Stancill & The Albion. Naturally, he asked that his comments be Off The Record. Naturally, he can Get Fucked.

Unfortunately, Shoreham St Magnifique didn’t have a hand in the brewing process. He didn’t explain to them he loves West Coast Pales. He didn’t request they try something new with Cryo Hops. He had no hand in the recipe. He didn’t even put any Wellies on and chuck himself around the Brew House. He’s a Mate. But, he doesn’t really like Beer, not even Lager. Fair play. I understand The Albion don’t really know much about designing Logos either.  He did design the Pump Clip. And, it is his Collaboration Beer. I haven’t got one…. So, he’s winning. 

I’d love to know whether it’s a Real Recipe. Or whether it’s just an existing Stancill Beer rebadged with the Shoreham St Magnifique logo/brand. I explained to him that I can enjoy ANY beer. A very small number will have my nose turned up at them. A very small number will be glorious and the current best beer I’ve ever tasted. The other millions will be - perfectly decent. Shoreham St Magnifique x Stancill Brewery United Are Back Ale on cask at 4% was perfectly decent.

If I was pushed, I’d say it’s a Pale. But, it leaned a little bit towards English Bitter. Got some brown in the colour. Some nutty notes coming off the malt. And nice gentle, floral bitterness off the hops. Very little sugar - that suited it. Easy drinking. Moreish. Maybe trying to live in the same ground as (say) Greene King IPA. But, the lack of sugar puts it a million miles better than that. Just for research purposes of course, I also tried Stancill Brewery, Flawless on cask at 4.3%. That was more my taste. It had that just the right side of soapy thing going on off the floral hops. I’d call that “true pale”. Rather than the “hybrid pale” of United Are Back. But, perfectly decent - salute to everyone involved for getting with this particular programme.



Stats
I have now Blogged from 832 games in 1,825 days

No comments:

Post a Comment