Monday 10 January 2022

The Non Publicity Arms

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3 v Sheffield United 0 
FA Cup 3rd Round 
Sunday 9 January 2022  
SUFC 2021/22 Game #37 

It is important we know how others see us. I have a good friend who lives in The Black Country. He supports West Brom. My mate met me for a Beer in Sheffield a few weeks ago when The Baggies were away at Barnsley. Here's what he asked;

"Phil, that Sunday you're at Wolves, let me know where you're drinking, and I'll get out there & have a few with you"
"Mate, I'm not on the train, I'm on the Sensible Beer Bus I use"
"No worries, tell me where that's stopping for a drink"
"Well, I would mate, but I don't know"
"Phil, I don't mean tell me now, I mean tell me nearer the time when the Coach Gangmaster has decided"
"No mate, you've misunderstood, I can't tell you where we're drinking, because I'm not allowed to know, no one is. The Coach Gangmaster only tells the driver ten minutes before we set off…"
(My Mate) … "Why the Fuck won't he tell you?"

And, of course, I don't really have any comeback on that. It's. It's. Well, it's just the way it is. This is how I live now.

The Magical Mystery Tour descended on Cannock. Where, the Coach Gangmaster had got a pub open at half ten on a Sunday. Completely coincidentally called - The No Publicity Arms…

New Hall Arms
18 High Grn, Cannock WS11 1BN

Great place. I forgot a proper count up of Casks. Let's go five or six. Deffo three pukka kegs, (I took a photo of that board). I went

Fownes Brewing Company, Frost Hammer, Pale Ale on Cask at 4.6% (3.5/5)
Attic Brew Co, Intuition, Pale Ale on Keg at 4.4% (3.5/5)

But, Outstanding Beer Of The Day goes to;

Shiny Brewing, Crush, Everyday IPA on Keg at 5.4%
Absolutely my sort of beer that. Hop forward. Just enough juice (ie not very much). The Hops fill in again with simple, but not overpowering bitterness. (4 /5).

The FA Cup. We are where we are. Injuries. Covid. Cup Tied. Loan players denied boots. Rest and rotate. Fuck about with it. Who knows how we've ended up with that XI plus Subs. Ky Gordon "recalled" from Boston United to play in the centre of a three. Cast of thousands on the bench including Slater, Osula & Starbuck.

I thought we were alright. Started very brightly. Indeed really should have scored early on. But, we pressed self destruct and once we conceded it looked a long way back. Nowadays, you find out about the game from the people around you. Apparently Robinson was shit, as was the linesman. Mind you, that detailed analysis brought to you courtesy of the guy who tried to give his mate his wallet & phone on 89 minutes so that he could jump over & run on the pitch. (All he managed to do was drop them both on our row & we had to retrieve 'em for him).

Good to see Rhys Norrington-Davies back. I thought he put a shift in.

Twitter @ball_sup 
www.twitter.com/ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 
Stats
I have now Blogged from 1,044 games in 2,700 days 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry we missed you Phil - Walsall was our pre game destintion.
    Excellent summing up of the match - onwards to more important matters Derby via Ripley on Saturday

    ReplyDelete