Sunday 8 May 2022

My My

Sheffield United 4 v Fulham 0  
The Championship 
Saturday 7 May 2022 
SUFC 2021/22 Game #71 

So. That went well. The Carrier Bag Firm sent the bat signal confirming we're in the Play Offs on 81 minutes. I took the earpiece out. I switched off the BBC Radio 5 Live around the grounds programme on my DAB. Mind you I had previously announced to Row S that Middlesbrough were three down at half time. They were all a little gobsmacked confused when I subsequently announced it as 2-1 to Preston on 48 minutes!!!

While we're on exact timings. I bought MY ticket for the Forest game at 3:46pm. While sitting in The Albion. Now. As it happens. Many people are pointing out on SoMeed & Forums that I haven't bought MY seat. That I've bought someone else's seat. Possibly I've even bought THEIR seat. So, I've deliberately worded it as I bought MY TICKET.

Because, this is where we are as a Club. People actually believing that a seat they have had a ticket for in the past, is somehow THEIR seat for a game in the future, that they don't yet have a ticket for.

(ICYMI, season ticket holders have a few days priority window to buy A ticket. But, the config means that some season ticket holders (ie me) will not be able to buy the same seat they have enjoyed in the regular season. Because, well because, we're no longer in the fucking regular season. So, any season ticket holder can buy any seat).

It's not your seat. It's not my seat. It's just a seat. Used to be wooden, now plastic. My ticket bought at 3:46pm.

As we approached The Albion, my CBF companion said;

"Get me a Pint. Anything. You choose. But not some mad high abv IPA. Hang on. Go previous. If we're not having a fucking mad high abv IPA today, when are we having one."

…is the correct answer…

So. My beer. Note that's my beer. As in the one I bought. This time around. For this celebration. My beer. Despite some fucker at the bar creating about - oooohhhh I used to have that beer all the time, really it's my beer & you shouldn't be allowed to buy it. My beer was…

Stancill Brewery, Komrade IPA on Keg at 6%

Citra and Mosaic hops. Cloudy, unfiltered & chewy. Vegan friendly. Loved it. Punchy without being overpowering. And it's MINE.

Stancill Brewery, Roxie, Ginger Pale on Keg at 4.2%
The keg clip just said Ginger. Fair do. Blended and subtle with it. The best way.

We subsequently adjourned to a very busy BrewDog Sheffield. (To collect a free birthday beer for one of the party).

BrewDog, United For Ukraine, New England IPA on Keg at 5.2%

It just so happens that Chester's in Kremenchuk, Ukraine is a bar which will live long in the memory of The Horrendous Lemons (the Football Firm I have been in all my adult life, a lot longer than the CBF). So, this was an emotional choice. You know the drill. Profits from the beer go to charities associated with Ukraine, etc. 

Irrepressible weren't they? Berge, MGW & Ili combining. Just a perfect mood lifter. MY team & I'll fight anyone who says they're not.

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

And, you can now also subscribe to have my Blog delivered (free) to your email inbox (via Substack)


You can find me on Social Media
Twitter @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 
Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,105 games in 2,818 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment