Wednesday 28 February 2024

Whither Sasnauskas?

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 v Sheffield United 0 
Premier League 
Sunday 25 February 2024 
SUFC 2023/24 Game #51 

The GangMaster sorted it. Alright. We've been before. But at least it's tried and trusted. Half nine in…

The New Hall Arms
81 Newhall St, High Grn, Cannock WS11 1GR

But, the first one was a miss.

Green Duck Beer Co (Stourbridge), Duckingtons, “Modern Nitro” Pale Ale on ?Nitro? at 4.4%

Bought in a rush. As the Carrier Bag Firm piled in behind me. As he was pouring it, I remarked to the barman;

“Crikey, looks like a John Smiths.”

And. Essentially. It was. I guess they're going for mass market appeal. The balance wasn't far off. But, still too sweet. And not much bitter bouncing off.

Oakham Ales (Peterborough), Bite The Bullet, Stout on Cask at 5%

That's better. Pleasant, all in sync Cask Stout. Gentle toffee. Very easy drinking.

One of the CBF Grandees asked me in the pub.

“Phil, do you know what's happened to him? Sasnauskas?”

I had to hustle and find him on the concourse before kick off.

“Sasnauskas? He's on the fucking bench.”

Wilder just juggling the experiences for the young lads. Dovydas’s turn. 

But. Still. The roller coaster rolls. And. Indeed. Coasts. Hammered off Villa. Won at Luton. Hammered off Brighton. Half decent performance today. Maybe could have got something.

Blog favourite, RhiRhi Brewster, has gone clear. Maybe got mixed up with his choices and muffed it. McAtee had a (more difficult I felt) chance an’ all. We were reasonably well organised. Anything we got was going to come from a hurry n bustle. And we didn't fold on a goal down. But. You know. Results.

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.


You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,385 games in 3,477 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment