Friday 26 April 2024

Seven Days Three Wins

Sheffield United U21 2 v Sheffield Wednesday U21 0 
Professional Development League 
Thursday 25 April 2024 
Played at Bramall Lane 
SUFC 2023/24 Game #64 

NBDR
No Beer Don't Read

I didn't make notes at the game tonight. I decided to just sit back and enjoy the evening … sober. Many of you will have watched the stream anyway.

We ended the evening topping the table. Two points ahead of Birmingham City. They've only got two games left. We've got four. And we're three points ahead of Sheffield Wednesday. Who also have just two games left. Three wins in a Friday thru Thursday spell gonna put you top.

No weak link through that Young Blades side. Marsh getting back to his best. Those transition half turns. Those get a shot offs. Having pushed Evan Easton into midfield at Charlton on Monday, they started him there tonight. Quite an interesting experiment. He's got that - enforcer - thing going on. Pitan, Sasnauskas and Tahir marshaling everything. And getting forward as their confidence built.

I know I sound like a broken record when I talk about Ryan Oné. He'll look one hell of a player on any highlights reel. I think that's ten he's scored in fifteen under 21 starts and 4 subs. But, I swear down, he's only touched the ball ten times in those 19 games. Ten touches. Ten goals.

I mean. That ain't true. I am clumsily making the point that he spends long periods of games not in games. A superb flick on by Louie Louie found Ryan in space on 19. A shuffle dribble to get it on his left foot. And buries it. Put that in yer fucking Blog!!!

Marsh cleaned it all up on 68. Hampson plays it long. Oné involved. Miscontrols it actually. But it drops to Louie. Two touches and he buries it.

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.


You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,421 games in 3,537 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment