Friday 26 April 2024

I Can't Find My Baby

Manchester United 4 v Sheffield United 2 
Premier League 
Wednesday 24 April 2024 
SUFC 2023/24 Game #63 

NFDR
No Football Don't Read

The MotherHen made a miscalculation tonight. He called the drink for Rochdale. Well actually he called it for;

“Mike Harding was a cowboy here.”

“Two famous female singers come from here.”

“And two notorious MPs have been elected to represent here.”

It's how he gets his kicks. Usually, the set up is simple. Find a town. One drop off. Outside the Wetherspoons. One pick up. Same place. I should emphasise that I don't partake in the ‘spoons. But, there is a loyal clientele who flock there.

Very occasionally, MotherHen makes a judgement call that there is a particular pub, of some interest, a bit too far from the ‘spoons. And he makes two drop offs. But always one pick up. So, today, you could get off at The Baum in Rochdale, I didn't, he didn't, some did. And;

“Don't forget, pick up outside Wetherspoons.”

Except. The fucking bus couldn't park outside Wetherspoons in Rochdale. Because the bit outside Wetherspoons in Rochdale was fucking pedestrianised!!!

So, MotherHen had to spend his afts MotherHenning to catch up with all his chicks who got off at The Baum. Worrying that they would head for Wetherspoons and find - No Coach. We don't deserve him.

I caught up with him in;

Our Gracie's 
13 The Butts, Rochdale OL16 1ES

A Gracie Fields themed MicroPub. Yep. I meant to write that. Re earlier quiz - the other was Lisa Stansfield. There were four straightahead Cask on.

Whitworth Valley Brewing (Rochdale), Drop It Like It's Hop, West Coast Pale on Cask at 4.5%

I rather think it's a bit diff to get a true West Coast into a Cask. This one was in great condition. The bitterness did grow towards the finish. But it was a bit too woody and nutty for my taste. Although the bitterness did rescue it.

Wilder made the statement choices. Arblaster as Captain. Dre starting. Curtis & Hampson on the bench. Wes restored. Incidentally, once we realised Blaster was armbanding, I messaged the Carrier Bag Firm StatsMaster for deets on Arblaster Captaining the U18s and U21s. To be told…

“We don't have the facilities for that.”

Fucking unbelievable.

Wes was superb. And United scored the same number of goals as the number of notorious Rochdale MPs (Cyril Smith & George Galloway). And the number of drop offs the coach made….

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.


You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,420 games in 3,536 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment