Thursday 11 April 2024

Small Wins Fan

Liverpool 3 v Sheffield United 1 
Premier League 
Thursday 4 April 2024 
SUFC 2023/24 Game #56 

Apologies. Games coming thick & fast. Blogs not so. The age old dilemma whether to go or write about one you've gone.

And, I'm going to say, not as good as I remember it.

The Bard MicroPub
57 High St, Prescot L34 6HF

But, pushes the buttons. Opened a bit earlier for us. Following the GangMaster making them an offer they couldn't refuse. There's still that odd thing going on. Where after serving you, the BarPerson has to disappear ‘round the corner. In order to gather all the modern accoutrements for you to pay.

Maybe they'd had a recent Tap Takeover. Because there was surfeit of MBH (brewery in Knutsford) beer on the bar. Including those, there were four on Cask and two on Keg.

MBH Beer, Cheshire Pale, on Cask at 3.9%

Standard. Easy drinking. Lot to like identikit pale.

MBH Beer, Bunji, NZ Pale Ale on Cask at 3.8%

Standard. Pleasant and drinkable. But, I wouldn't have guessed that was Hopped NZ style.

MBH Beer, 1924, English Bitter on Cask at 4%

The best of the Cask on offer I felt. A proper modern English bitter. Nutty malt backbone which doesn't overpower. And leaves room for some hop action.

MBH Beer, UnChained, Hazy IPA on Keg at 4.4%

That was the best of the lot. Nice and pillowy. Although I felt it needed more bitterness.

Anfield. I'm going to say, not as good as I remember it.

Different fans are going to judge progress in different ways. Me? I've become a Small Wins Fan. For great swathes of this season, I don't even think there's been small wins. But, here we go. Good, very good, chances in the opening minutes. And, pegging them back to one one on 58. And holding that for 20.

Incidentally, gotta be converting those chances. Always.

Although it's gone down as an OG, that was a great win the ball back and be expansive goal. Small wins. All we got.

Incidentally, I damaged my voice during the pre-game. It was still not right by the Chelsea game. It all happened during You'll Never Walk Alone. My vocal chord damaging call-back repertoire was;

“Boooooo”
“Get fucked”
“Grow up”

(I'm not even sure what that last one was supposed to mean….)

I remain sixty five years old!!!!

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at
www.ball-sup.blogspot.com

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.


You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,406 games in 3,516 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment