Thursday 23 May 2024

Season Complete - Rejoice

Sheffield United U21 4 v Swansea City U21 2 
Professional Development League Play Off Semi Final 
Monday 20 May 2024 
Played at Bramall Lane 
SUFC 2023/24 Game #72 and COMPLETE 

NBDR 
No Beer Don't Read 

Partly lazy. Partly waiting for the announcement on the U21 Final. In case I could go. I can't. Partly waiting on any retained list. So I can comment on that. I can't. Partly lazy. But, that's it. My Under 21 season is done. And with it, my Sheffield United season. 72 SUFC games this season. Exactly the same as last season as it goes. 

The tale of the tape for me is fifteen U21 games this season. Ten at home. Split six at Chesterfield and four at The Lane. Five away games - Peterborough United at their Academy, Birmingham City at Solihull Moors, Wigan Athletic at their Academy, Reading at Aldershot Town and Charlton Athletic at The Valley. Disappointingly, NO Ground Ticks in that lot.

A great win for the Young Blades on a night that counts. Unusually, set up as 442. Not only that, but the back four were/are essentially Centre Backs. Levis Pitan right back, Zain Tahir left back. Dovydas Sasnauskas and Evan Easton in the middle. Oft wing backs Sai Sachdev and Jay Tinsdale wider in the midfield four. Hampson and Blacker in there an’ all. Sam Aston and Louie Louie Marsh up top. 

Four good goals. Two of them from the Louie Marsh Hack. Has his back to goal. Then doesn't. For the first, he's just turned in space and rifled home. For the third he's flicked it on into his own stride and fed Sam Aston perfectly. A coming inside, wriggling, bit of luck, hits it with his weaker foot, goal from Tinsdale for the second. And, a lovely what the fucks he doing up there from left back finish from Tahir.

See how it goes in the final. I won't!!!

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.


You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,434 games in 3,562 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment