Saturday 8 June 2024

Iceland 1 Stairlifts 6

England 0 v Iceland 1 
International Friendly 
Friday 7 July 2024 
Played at Wembley 

“You always seem to be at a game Phil. Don't you have any responsibilities at all?”

“Actually, I had to leave that game early to go and fix an Acorn Stairlift!!! The wire thingy in the photo had become disconnected. So. Yes. I have responsibilities.”

In fact, I'd had to stay in Carrier Bag Firm Mews all day anyway. Because one of the other stairlifts had broken t’other day. And I'd had to wait in for the engineer.

“One of the other stairlifts? Fucking hell. How many stairlifts are there Phil?”

“Six, bruv!!!”

Anyway. Stairlift. Wait in for the engineer. Only had time for one beer. But, it was a great ‘un.

Sutton Arms
16 Great Sutton St, London EC1V 0DH

That's in the CAMRA Guide. And is convenient for Farringdon tube. Direct to Wembley Park. First time I've ever been in. Stairlift fiascos notwithstanding, I'll be back.

Nine on Keg. Four on Cask. And some German Beers. (Stay fucking tuned for those, we fly Monday.) The geezer said they're the only pub in the UK serving some of those particular German beers. Salute.

DEYA Brewing Company (Cheltenham), Obligatory Sound Bites, Pale Ale on Cask at 4%

That one goes out to Keith & Graham. Although we did put it on their Tab … obvs.

I suppose if you're going to have to truncate an England game at Wembley to fix a stairlift, as part of your responsibilities, that's not a bad game for the occurrence.

Attacking wise, we relied on those shit chipped balls from the corner of the penalty area. And some fucker doing balletics over the other side. And mainly ending on his arse, with one leg in the air, and the lino signalling Goal Kick.

Indeed, Iceland could and should have had a second. When he's broke free on the right. Come inside a bit. But then inexplicably squares it. And matey misses. I was thinking of stairlift circuit diagrams at that point.

Poor. We move on.

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.


You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,442 games in 3,580 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment