Friday 12 July 2024

Bring Nose Hair Clippers

England 2 v Netherlands 1 
UEFA EUROs 2024 Semi Final 
Wednesday 10 July 2024 
Played at Dortmund 
England Away Game #160 
German Beer Ticks up to #139 

Great night. England were better, weren't they. They got a lot going on in the first half. Nice control. Bit of endeavour. Some confidence oozing back in. And. What a script. What a fucking script. Anyone who has listened to me will know what I've previously said.

“I support Sheffield United. Aston Villa killed us at The Lane. Five or Six or Summat weren't it? Ollie Watkins was unplayable. Put the ball in his channel. He's superb.”

That's all it took in the end.

One of my mantras on this trip, when talking to other fans, and hearing their travel plans, has become;

“Whatever you do, is right for you.”

Some fans have been traveling back and forth between England and Germany. Some fans have had cheap flights, booked many months ago, to places England haven't played, on days they haven't played. And, they've been fully prepared to bin those off as - money well spent just in case. Some fans haven't been in their house since 5 June and are just winging it as the tournament unfolds.

When the final whistle went. I did a bit of The Limbs thing. Then I sat back in my beer drenched seat and booked flights home from Berlin. A train to Berlin. And a hotel in Berlin. Yes, I have received a six digit code from my Bank. Yes I have input that code. Yes the payment has been authorised. Then I looked up from my seat to celebrate with “my players”. But, those bookings had taken longer than I anticipated. And the players had already fucked off!!!

As I said. The mantra. Whatever you do, is right for you. That's how the Carrier Bag Firm are doing our trip. And it's right for us.

“Berlin Berlin wir fahren nach Berlin”

Anyone reading this who is coming to Berlin at short notice…

“Bring me a comb. This Number Two Trim has grown out a bit now. Oh. And some nose hair clippers. Jeez. Need those badly. I want to look my best for one last push.”

I decided to celebrate that win. And my flight, and my train, and my hotel, in a suitable fashion.

Lidl Deutschland, Perlenbacher Strong, style unknown, from a Tin at 7.9%, in the room at the B&B Hotel Dortmund West, formerly ibis Budget Dortmund West.

You can find ALL my previous Blogs at

Would you please consider subscribing (free) to have my Blog delivered to your email inbox (via Substack). Thank you.



You can find me on Social Media
X @ball_sup 
Untappd ball_sup 

Stats 
I have now Blogged from 1,454 games in 3,613 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment